The New Zealand Poetry Society (NZPS) was established in 1973 with the goal of advancing education by promoting, developing and supporting poets and poetry in New Zealand.
We do this through:
- a fine line – our quarterly magazine, which is emailed or posted to members.
- The Annual International Poetry Competition.
- The Annual New Zealand Poetry Society Anthology.
- The biennial New Zealand Poetry Conference.
- The New Zealand Poetry Society website and Facebook page.
- The quarterly Instagram Poetry Competition.
Our work is only possible thanks to the support of our members.
- $30 for basic sub — the quarterly magazine, a fine line, will be sent to you by email.
- $15 for a student sub — for full-time students; the quarterly magazine, a fine line, will be sent to you by email.
- $60 for postal sub — if you want a printed copy of the magazine posted to you; within New Zealand only.
- $45 for joint membership (at the same physical address and different email addresses).
- $60 for schools and libraries. One copy of the magazine will be posted.
- $60 for established poetry groups, with membership criteria (eg. not open mic venues or casual groups) — one copy of the magazine will be emailed to the named representative of the Group for distribution to regular and recognised members of the Group.
How to become a member or renew your membership
Enter your details in the form below or download a membership form.
How to pay
Pay by post or bank deposit
- If paying by internet banking:
- deposit payment to account number: 06-0501-082337110.
- Remember to put the name of the member (the same as you have entered on the form) and the word “membership” in the reference fields.
- If paying by cheque, bank cheque or postal order post the form and payment to PO Box 5283, Lambton Quay, Wellington 6145.
Pay by Paypal
Ongoing membership at $30 per year
Ongoing membership at $15 per year
Ongoing membership at $60 per year
Ongoing membership at $45 per year
One-off membership at $30 per year
One-off membership at $15 per year
One-off membership at $60 per year
One-off membership at $45 per year