NZPS Summer Instagram Poetry Competition Rules
Terms and conditions:
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of New Zealand and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of the New Zealand Poetry Society, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable national and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the New Zealand Poetry Society as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on December 1, 2020, 21:00 (NZT) and ending on December 21, 2021, 00:00 (NZT). All online entries must be received by December 21, 2021, 00:00 (NZT).
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by uploading an image of your poem to your Instagram account and tagging the New Zealand Poetry Society (@nzpoetrysociety) in a comment on said post. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win the prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the New Zealand Poetry Society. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the New Zealand Poetry Society.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a Booksellers book token. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the New Zealand Poetry Society. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the New Zealand Poetry Society’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the New Zealand Poetry Society to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by the committee of the New Zealand Poetry Society. Winner will be notified by direct message on Instagram within five (5) days following selection of Winner. The New Zealand Poetry Society shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all national and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT THE NEW ZEALAND POETRY SOCIETY’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that the New Zealand Poetry Society, anyone acting on behalf of the New Zealand Poetry Society, and the New Zealand Poetry Society’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the New Zealand Poetry Society. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the New Zealand Poetry Society from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the New Zealand Poetry Society may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
8. Terms & Conditions: The New Zealand Poetry Society reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the New Zealand Poetry Society’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, the New Zealand Poetry Society may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the New Zealand Poetry Society. The New Zealand Poetry Society reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The New Zealand Poetry Society has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different Instagram accounts, or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the New Zealand Poetry Society reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the New Zealand Poetry Society and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is the New Zealand Poetry Society, PO Box 5283, Wellington 6140, New Zealand.
13. Instagram: The Campaign hosted by the New Zealand Poetry Society is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.
14. Discrimination and hate speech of any kind will not be tolerated.
15. By submitting an entry to the competition, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.